The table below shows the Top 20 UK Facilities Management Companies by Turnover in the UK. Revenues are UK specific revenues and data is taken from Company Insights’ on-going deeper analysis into the largest FM companies in the UK.
Compass is the largest facilities management company in the UK, with a turnover of £1,907.5m in 2022, a growth of 32.8% over 2021. The company specialises in food and has some specialised support services. It had a small operating loss of £3.7m. Sodexo;s turnover increased 7.9% from £1,363.9m in 2021 to £1,472.2m in 2022.
Other leading companies in the top 20 UK facilities management companies are Mitie FM, Equans, ISS Facility Services, Atalian Servest, WSH Group, Wates (Property Services), OCS, G4S Facilities Management, Bidvest Noonan, Emcor Group, Vinci Facilities, Amey Community, CBRE GWS, Rentokil Initial, Integral UK, BaxterStorey, Churchill Group and CH&CO.
Major recent acquisitions include Equans acquisition by Bouygues in October 2022, Atalian Servest and OCS being acquired by Clayton Dubilier & Rice and Bidvest Noonan acquiring Axis Cordant and Amber.
This data is a part of a deeper analysis of the top 100 facilities management companies’ financial performance. The full data of the leading UK facilities management companies, continually updated, is five year financial history, with turnover, operating profit, margin, employee count, turnover growth, turnover and profit per employee and segment turnover where applicable (facilities management, cleaning, catering, security services, technical services, projects and other).
Top 20 UK Facilities Management Companies
|ISS Facility Services||750.3||713.9||657.5|
|Wates (Property Services)||475.9||498.9|
|G4S Facilities Management||278.5||421.6||n/a|
Notes on Top 20 UK Facilities Management Companies:
- n.a: data not available at time of publication
- Mitie FM: 11 mths to Nov 20; 12 mths to 31 March 22
- Equans Services: Acquired by Bouygues in October 2022
- Atalian Servest: Acquired by Clayton Dubilier & Rice in March 2023
- ISS Facility Services: Parent company is ISS A/S – a facility management services company headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark
- OCS: Acquired by Clayton Dubilier & Rice in March 2023
- Wates (Property Services): Facilities Management is part of Waters Property Services Division. No specific data exists for Facilities Management division only.
- G4S Facilities Management: Acquired by Allied Universal in April 2021
- Bidvest Noonan: Acquired Axis, Cordant, and Amber (contributed £222m revenue in year to June 22).
- Vinci Facilities: Segment of Vinci Construction with Facilities turnover
- Integral UK: Acquired in 2016 by JLL